april rodriguez | the dancer: 5 ways to stay positive in the dance industry....
1. Seek and create genuine friendships. No, not for the sake of networking, but to build a network of support in a very unpredictable world.
2. Keep your negative voices quiet. It’s easy to give in, but negativity will cripple you . Welcome experiences with open arms and an open mind… as much…
3. Simplify. Make a list of very short-term goals, and start completing them day by day, week by week. The feeling of accomplishment will empower you to do more.
4. Continuously ask for help. Ask for opportunities to be critiqued, to perform, to record videos, and to learn choreography. By putting yourself out there, you’re inviting others to care about you. You’ll set yourself up for opportunity, growth, and progress.
5. Remember why you’re there…
and stay true to it.